Sunday 15 January 2012

A drop of creativity and a dollop of satisfaction

It's rare to have a weekend without deadlines or events and so this weekend I decided I would do three things... Three felt like a good number that I could set my mind to happily and achieve - any longer it would become a list of chores!

My list:
1) Bake (it has been a while since my Kitchen Aid has seen the light of day)
2) Dust off my Canon and get creative (these days I favour the quick snap on the iphone rather than lugging my beloved camera everywhere)
3) Push on with knitting my baby alpaca wool throw (I will finish it!)

Even better, two of the three could be combined. (No I wouldn't be knitting cupcake cases or oven gloves.)

The result? Yummy strawberry cheesecake brownies from the Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook snapped using my Canon and edited using Instagram a new app I have downloaded for all things "i" in our home.

I am surprisingly pleased with both the baking and the photos. Of course my attempt looks quite different to the cheesecake brownies offered at the London-based bakery because I didn't whip the cream enough. But, I think I prefer the way the cream on mine oozes over the cake :)

Who knows? I might even do this all over again next weekend but I can hear my bears calling for attention.



This last photo was taken with my iphone. A great reminder that an iphone cannot replace a Canon!



Follow Me on Pinterest

Follow me on tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment