Sunday 8 January 2012

Seeing something through to the end

I am notorious for starting projects and not finishing them. Not because they become too difficult or I reach a boredom threshold but, like a magpie with a shiny penny, another project catches my attention and off I go in a new direction.



The lovely baby alpaca wool throw I started knitting three years ago is a case in point. But today I found a renewed determination to finish it. The wool is so soft and wonderful for a chilly night that it would be a shame to leave it loitering in a carrier bag for yet another winter. And let's not forget all the hours I have spent over the three years knitting long row after long row!

So I am 27 balls of wool down. 13 to go and counting...

It will be done...

Follow Me on Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. I posted a comment yesterday which disappeared; so here goes again! It's looking lovely Corrinne. I know there are a lot of stitches worked already; moss stitch and cable, I used to love working them.

    I thought you said that it was alpaca, when you showed it to me or was that another. Is it from the angora rabbit or goat? Have you thought of keeping your own angora rabbit? They are much easier to shear than llamas .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The interesting thing is that I checked the label before I posted and was surprised to read "baby angora" I too was convinced it was baby alpaca. I have just looked at the label again and it says "baby alpaca". Either I need to go to the options or I have gremlins at home. Farming baby angora wool would be bordering on animal cruelty I suspect! I will update the post.

    Not sure I am a rabbit as a pet person. I am sure the dogs would be happy to have a rabbit around as a tasty morcel between meal times.

    ReplyDelete