Tuesday 2 December 2014

Introducing Ned the red Australian Cattle Dog

Two and a half years since my last blog post... Not very good and must try harder to post updates with a better frequency. Shouldn't be too hard!

This weekend operation puppy-proof-the-house-and-garden started. Fences are being built, shoes, handbags, electrical cables and rugs all stored away and replaced by a plentiful supply of chew toys stuffed with peanut butter.

Ned is a 10 week-old red Australian Cattle Dog and I am sure when we have finished the current puppy-proofing jobs... he will find more to keep us busy.

A very affectionate little chap, Ned is settling in well. He follows Olive's every move, and everything she does... he does too. He has discovered the world of barking and thinks it's great. Sorry to the neighbourhood!

We expected Olive to take to Ned being around well and she has. Showing Ned the ropes she lets him clabber all over her but sends him head over heels every now and again to remind him of his place.

Will share more photos of Ned as he grows into his paws and skin but here are a few for now...


"He's behind me, isn't he?"



"I'll just shut my....zzzzzzzzzzz"

"I think my right side is my best side"








"Do my paws look big in this?"

4 comments:

  1. I love that ear expression and look in his eye in the first photo!

    Prepare thee to be pampered Ned...

    ReplyDelete
  2. He does have a cute expression! Both ears should stand upright in the next couple of weeks... or he will permanently look quirky :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to see a photo of Ned today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been trying to get photos of him Lee.... but he doesn't stay still for anything - except a tennis ball... maybe. I can tell you he is a great lump of 23kg these days... and still growing. Will keep trying to find a moment to snap him :)

    ReplyDelete